The Magpul PMAG D-50 is a rugged, lightweight, and reliable 50-round polymer drum magazine designed for 7.62x51 NATO/.308 Winchester ammunition for SR25/M110 pattern rifles. It’s capable of using longer-than-SAAMI-spec match ammunition, up to 2.830” OAL, such as M118LR. Engineered to the same exacting standards as the famous Magpul PMAG and PMAG D-60® drum magazines, the D-50 continues the PMAG tradition of high-capacity performance and dependability. In addition, the D-50 brings GEN M3 features, which means enhanced strength, durability, and reliability.
The Magpul PMAG D-50 shares its DNA with the legendary Magpul PMAG GEN M3, which includes next-generation impact and crush-resistant polymer construction and the ability to seat fully loaded on a closed bolt. Robust stainless-steel internals withstand corrosion and long-term storage while loaded with no loss of function, spring fatigue, or reliability concerns. A slip-on semi-rigid dust cover prevents grit and debris intrusion during storage and transport.
Ease of use is at the forefront of the D-50 design. A ratcheting loading lever removes spring tension, making the D-50 easily loadable by hand. An anti-glare translucent window on the rear of the drum makes for quick positive visual indication of remaining ammunition. Additionally, the D-50 can be disassembled quickly with a simple flat blade screwdriver, and a has a dot matrix pattern that allows for easy marking and identification.
Made in the USA.
Features and Specifications:
- Next-generation impact and crush-resistant polymer construction
- Long-lasting, corrosion-reisistant, stainless-steel internals
- Seats fully loaded on a closed bolt
- Ratcheting loading lever makes it easy to load
- At approximately 1.5 lbs. empty, and 4.5 lbs. loaded, the Magpul D-50 is one of the lightest 50-round 7.62x51/.308 drums available and is priced well below current competition.
- Unique drum configuration gives it roughly the same overall height profile as a standard 25-round PMAG, making storage and shooting from various positions--including prone--nearly identical
- Anti-glare window on the rear provides quick rounds remaining indication
- NOTE: Compatible with older model Bushmaster .308 ORC, Remington R-25, and DPMS LR308 rifles, but not optimized for bolt lock functionality with newer models based on the DPMS GIi design. NOT compatible with Armalite AR-10B, Springfield Armory M1A, Rock River Arms LARS, FN SCAR 17S, PTR-91, HK417 or any other rifles that utilize M14, FN FAL, or HK 91 / G3 patterned magazines.