Introducing the LANTAC E-BCG™, Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group.
- M16 Full Auto Style for increased mass and lock time.
- The BCG is precision machined from 8620 Steel with a shot peened bolt manufactured from Carpenter 158 and Magnetically Particle Inspected.
- The entire carrier assembly is NiB, Electroless Nickel Boron coated with the patented, advanced UCT EXO process, unlike standard NiB coatings.
- This offers extreme lubricity with a friction coefficient of .02 and surface hardness of 82-85 Rockwell C.
- The carriers patent pending design features unique shrouded and forward facing gas ports that have also been re sized so that gas is vented differently to a standard carrier.
- This results in a system that runs flatter with a smoother energy pulse.
- In addition the system also runs cooler and cleaner, there is also less pressurization of the upper receiver when running a suppressed barrel.
- The flared boss at the tail of the carrier enhances the BCG's lock position within the upper and makes it more consistent, resulting in an accuracy improvement.
- All critical dimensions are hard turned / ground after heat treat and the bore of the carrier and gas key have been hard chrome lined for the best possible wear resistance.
- All E-BCG's feature the LANTAC CP-R360™ patent pending domed cam pin that is machined from 17-4PH Stainless Steel and hardened to H900 condition (45RC approx).
- The ultra smooth head reduces wear within the upper receiver.
- The BCG's 11.7oz weight helps to increase lock time and smoother operation.
- Gas keys are properly staked at four points and only grade 8 fasteners are used in assembly.
The E-BCG's forward porting and unique shape assist in reducing pressurization inside the upper receiver that can be caused by short barrel rifles running suppressors. However, it should be noted that the E-BCG™ is not a complete solution for this issue and all rifles are different. 'Over Gassed' guns will suffer to a larger extent from this problem.
Features and Specifications:
- Weight 11.7oz
- Forward Porting, enlarged vents.
- Balanced flared boss.
- 8620 Carrier, Heat Treated, Hard Turned, Chrome Lined
- MPI Carpenter 158 Bolt, Shot Peened, Hard Turned / Ground.
- NiB UCT EXO Coating.
- CP-R360 Domed Cam Pin
- Mil-Spec Gas Rings
- Mil-Spec Staked Gas Key
- Grade 8 Hardened Fasteners
- All Hard Chrome surfaces are to MIL-STD-171 184.108.40.206
- Shot Peening is conducted with S110 shot, Established by Almen Gage A-2 strip .006 -.008
- Lifetime Warranty.
- Made in the USA.
I have purchased 4 of these units and run them on my short barreled ARs. I like the extra weight for controlling the recoil, yes it helps. You will not be disappointed with this in your rifle.