Barrel Nut for Brigand Arms NOAX and Carbon Black handguards. Purchase includes one barrel nut and one collar (and one threaded insert for AR-10).
Our AR-10 Barrel Nut takes everything we learned about AR-15 barrel nuts, then integrates a unique adaptor system to fit the larger AR-10 threads without changing the external (handguard) threads. This works by shifting the handguard upward relative to the barrel, which provides clearance for the gas tube and brings the handguard top to be level with your AR-10 upper receiver. This system was designed specifically for DPMS High platform and is not compatible with other AR-10 formats. It is important to watch the mounting tutorial [link] for this nut to be sure it tightens correctly – it requires some extra steps to install that are not obvious at first glance.
Please note that all Brigand Arms handguard orders already include a barrel nut, we make these available for replacement and for upgrade from other manufacturers.
Features and Specifications:
- Barrel Nut Material: 7075 aluminum, hard anodized black
- Jamb Collar Material: 4130 chromoly steel, black oxide
- Threaded Insert Material: 4130 chromoly steel, black oxide
- External Threads: Yankee Hill handguard pitch
- Internal Threads: 1.4375 – 16
- Weight: 2.5 oz (all three parts)
- Compatible Handguards: Brigand Arms NOAX and Black, any guard with Yankee Hill style threads
- Compatible Receivers: DPMS High (exceptions: does not fit DPMS G2 AP4)