One can typically manufacture upper receivers from forgings right, light, or pretty. Fortunately, Faxon does not settle. We set out to accomplish all three and once started, realized we can make them better than "Mil-Spec". Of course, we kept the important bits:
- Forged 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Type III Hard Coat Anodizing
- Compatible with All "Mil-Spec" Lower Receivers.
Never content to settle on the mil-spec, we manufactured enhancements directly into the receiver:
- The receiver is trued (blueprinted) by Faxon at the factory
- We hone the inside bore to smooth out the action of the bolt carrier group. *
- Hollow-out the shell deflector to reduce weight and look great
- Manually engraved T-marks on the upper. Will stay visible after any coating
- Hold tighter tolerance on the lugs for a better fit**
Faxon Firearms Forged Upper Receivers are available stripped and complete with forward assist and ejection port cover.
- Material: 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodizing
- Caliber Compatibility: All intermediate cartridges. .458 and large bore rounds may not function in the intermediate upper.
- Weight: .43 Lbs (6.88 Ounces)
*Note - One may see some machine marks in the receiver - this is normal. Military Type III hard coat anodizing is not smooth naturally and it will take about 200 rounds for the BCG and receiver to break in for optimal feel. We encourage the use of nitride BCG's like our own for the smoothest action.
**While Faxon holds tighter tolerances, mil-spec does allow variation of holes in lower receivers. There may be some wobble left between receivers due to variances in lower manufacturing.