show / hide sidebar
REVIEW OUR PRODUCTS
If we've had the pleasure of being able to service you, we'd really appreciate you writing a review for 1 or more of the products you purchased. This helps us generate more sales and the more volume we move, the more we can cut prices!
Faxon Lightweight 14.5" 5.56 NATO Pencil Barrel 4150 QPQ
Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy.
Each barrel goes through a battery of tests at each operation until finished in Nitride and final inspected. All barrels are individually checked for headspace by precision custom hardened gauges.
Faxon manufactures all our barrels in Cincinnati, Ohio under our ISO:9001 and AS:9100 quality certifications.
- Barrel Material: 4150 CMV Steel
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled
- Barrel Caliber: 5.56
- Barrel Twist: 1:8
- Barrel Length: 14.5”
- Barrel Profile: Pencil
- Barrel Gas System: Mid
- Inside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Outside Finish: QPQ Nitride
- Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
- Gas Block Diameter: .625"
- Gas Port Diameter: .078"
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.1"
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Weight: 1.15 lbs
- Magnetic Particle Inspected!
- 11-degree Target Crown
Lightweight build. proven parts
Posted by Tommy C on Jul 6th 2017
Purchased this barrel in 14.5 along with the Faxon gas block and tube. It really should get 4.5 stars instead of 5, but Ill round up. Details at the end.
Weight wise, company wise and quality wise, this is the only real barrel to buy if you are looking for a featherweight build. Mine came in at just under 5 lbs (with optics) utilizing an all metal build. the barrel is more accurate than I am (as are just about all barrels, let's be honest with ourselves) and the finish is outstanding. The gas block slid on perfectly, and the gas tube, well, it's a gas tube. Why 1/2 star deduction from perfect? You would think(?) that buying the matching gas block from the same company, and keep in mind that marketing should suggest anyone buying a Faxon .625 gas block is probably adding it to the barrel purchase, that it would be keyed to the barrel. Now, I use barrel caps and blow into the tube for positioning. than I tighten one set screw where my breath flows the easiest. Loctite the other screws into place, remove the original one you tightened and Loctite that one. This has worked every time, all the time. I'm nit picking that the set was not keyed to each other, costing me exactly 45 seconds of work. If I really wanted to index it, well, no big deal.
But I digress.
Several sites have this barrel, of course, and Aerospace Arms had it at the most competitive price. Shipping was tracked, products were delivered. I'm a happy camper. This build is headed out the door, and thus far, she has received only praise. The barrel is the single most important weight savings item, and with a lightweight break, pinned and welded to 16", she is a beauty. Id buy another one of these in a second if I get another request for a featherweight build.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping and Returns Policy
Most in-stock products ship in 1-3 business days but can take up to 10 business days (M-F) depending on the political climate among other factors. If your order has not been shipped in 10 business days, you're welcome to contact email@example.com for a status update.
If your order has shipped and a tracking number has been provided, we ask that you (the customer) work with the mail delivery service to sort out any shipping delays or issues with receiving the order in a timely manner. If the order seems to have been lost and not delivered, a case with the mail delivery service must be open and investigation completed before we can discuss refund or reshipment options. This is required due to the postal service temporarily losing large orders for multiple weeks then delivering them without any notification to us or the customer.
Before reading the Aerospace Arms LLC Return Policy below please be aware of Final Sale Items or items we DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS OR EXCHANGES for under any circumstance other than due to a manufacturer defect.
Product Return Policy
NOTICE: Processing time for issued RMA's may take up to 3 WEEKS from the date received by Aerospace Arms LLC.
Final Sale Items List
• Barrels (sold individually or as an assembled/complete upper receiver)
• Upper Receivers (sold individually, in a set or as an assembled/complete upper receiver)
• Lower Receivers (sold individually, in a set, with parts installed, or from a complete firearm)
• Any Firearm
• Ammo Magazines that are opened and not sealed in the original manufacturer's packaging
Non-Defective Product Return Policy
Any OPENED item that shows ANY INDICATION of being INSTALLED, USED, or DAMAGED in any way will NOT be accepted for return and will only be shipped back at the customer's expense.
If an RMA has been processed and approved for store credit or refund to a credit card, the value of the credit or refund will equal that of the item's original purchase price LESS any discounts applied to it. It will also be LESS any shipping costs paid by Aerospace Arms LLC. to ship the original order which are in excess of the cost of shipping paid by the customer when the order was placed.
Within 14 Days of Receiving an Item
1. Returns for non-defective products will only be accepted with an approved RMA # which must be requested within 14 Days from the date your order was originally delivered.
2. Once an RMA # has been issued for a return the item being returned must be received by Aerospace Arms LLC within 10 Business Days. If not received prior to close of business on the 10th Business Day the RMA will be cancelled and the item/s it was issued for will not be accepted for return.
3. There will be a 5% RESTOCKING FEE applied to each UNOPENED product returned to Aerospace Arms LLC with a valid RMA # which was issued within the 14 Day period.
4. A 20% RESTOCKING FEE will be applied to any items that have been opened or for which the manufacturer's packaging has been damaged but the item is in NEW CONDITION.
5. If a refund is approved it can be provided as store credit for use on AerospaceArms.com or as a credit back to the credit card used to place the original order.
Between 14 to 30 Days from Receipt of Item
1. RMA requests that are receive after 14 Days but NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS from the original order delivery date can only be submitted for UNOPENED NON-DEFECTIVE PARTS.
2. ANY REFUND THAT IS APPROVED CAN ONLY BE ISSUED AS A STORE CREDIT for use on AerospaceArms.com to the account used to place the original order.
3. Once an RMA # has been issued for a return the item being returned must be received by Aerospace Arms LLC within 10 Business Days from the date of issue. If not received prior to close of business on the 10th Business Day the RMA will be cancelled and the item/s it was issued for will not be accepted for return.
4. There will be a 10% RESTOCKING FEE applied to each unopened product with an approved RMA # which was issued between the 14 to 30 Day period.
IMPORTANT: Requests for an RMA # MUST be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. NO OTHER METHOD OF REQUESTING AN RMA # WILL BE ACCEPTED. The email must include the PART # for the item you would like to return, the ORDER NUMBER from which the item was purchased and the REASON FOR THE RETURN.
Defective Product Return Policy
Returns for defective products will be accepted with an approved RMA # which must be requested within 30 Days from the date your order was originally delivered.
If you believe a product you received is defective please contact Aerospace Arms LLC first. Depending on the product's manufacturer, issues due to manufacturer defects may need to be resolved by contacting the manufacturer directly.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Aerospace Arms operates in alignment with our returns policy, Vision and Values when processing returns and asks our Customers to do the same. We inspect all returned products and reserve the right to decline returns or exchanges. Other restrictions may apply.
Customers also viewed